Application forms along with Prospectus can be obtained from The Directorate of Distance Education, City Campus Gomal University, Dera Ismail Khan on payment of Rs. 500/-. OR The form can also be downloaded from the Directorate’s website www.degu.edu.pk. Filled form can be submitted along with either a Bank draft of Rs. 500/- in favor of The Director Distance Education, Gomal University OR a receipt of online submission of application fee into A/C#: 1668-0587074541000511 MCB, Behal Road Bhakkar..
Filled forms along with attested copies of all the requisite documents should be sent to the directorate during office hours on or before 28 February 2017 (Extended) (for M.Ed. 28th Feb-2017). Time barred (even if mailed earlier) and incomplete applications will not be entertained. All applications be sent / submitted directly to The Director, Distance Education, City Campus, Gomal University, Dera Ismail Khan.
The Directorate of Distance Education ,Gomal University Dera Ismail Khan
Directorate of Distance Education has been set up at the main campus to improve the educational standards of the university. Objectives of the program
- To make higher education reach the unreached.
- To provide life time continuing education without any discrimination.
- To provide education to the mass at a comparatively lower cost
- To open the doors of education to the drop-outs and the ones who are denied admission in formal educational system.
- To provide quality education through easily approachable medium like correspondence materials & high quality educational audio and video-cassettes, which enable the students to study at home more effectively.
- To provide distant students HEC recognized degrees.
Directorate for Distance Education funded by HEC
The Higher Education Commission (HEC) has decided to establish a separate Directorate for Distance Education at six selected universities, to speed up effort to make distance learning a success in Pakistan.
- University of the Punjab, Lahore.
- University of Peshawar, Peshawar.
- University of Karachi, Karachi.
- University of Sindh, Jamshoro.
- Gomal University, D.I.Khan.
- Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan.
The decision has been taken keeping in view the large number of students appearing annually in graduate and postgraduate examinations in arts subjects as private candidates, in public sector universities. Of these private candidates, a large majority fail to qualify the examination due to which there is an increase in the dropout ratio at graduate and undergraduate level, incurring a big loss of money, time and hope for the candidates as well as society. Realizing the untoward situation, the Higher Education Commission has taken up the issue with the stakeholders holding meetings with experts on Distance Education, and finally has come up with the conclusion that concrete measures must be taken to make distance learning a success in the country, for the provision of quality higher education. It has been decided that private students will be recognized and dealt as Distant Student and quality will be equally important for distance education to serve a significant number of students in the country.